What is virtual reality?
- Virtual reality (VR) is a computer-generated scenario that simulates experience through senses and perception. The immersive environment can be similar to the real world or it can be fantastical, creating an experience not possible in ordinary physical reality.
What is the HTC Vive?
- The HTC Vive is a virtual reality headset developed by HTC and Valve Corporation. The headset uses “room scale” tracking technology, allowing the user to move in 3D space and use motion-tracked handheld controllers to interact with the environment in the arcade. The escape room VR`s are equipped with Leap Motion Controllers, allowing players to use their hands instead of handheld controllers, making the possibilities endless!
I’m not into video games, is VR for me?
- This new type of entertainment is designed with everyone in mind.
How do I book?
- You can easily book a session on our website. Just choose arcade or escape room and follow the prompts to easily book your session. You can also call the store and our friendly and helpful staff can get you booked in!
How many people can participate?
- Our escape rooms can accommodate 3-6 people. Our arcade can accommodate 1 person on a headset at a time, but bring some friends and share your booking time slot!
What if I want to stay longer than the booked period?
- If there is no one else booked after you, you are free to play on after you have paid for the extra time.
What games can I play in the arcade?
- You will have access to our gaming library that offers up to 50 different types of games that change monthly. There are many different types of games sure to fit everyone’s taste!!
What is the age limit?
- Hakced VR suggests age 10 and over for our Cosmos escape room and 12 and over for Mind Horror. Our arcade is best suited for age 8 and over. Anyone under the age of 18 will require a parent/guardian signature on our waiver.
Do you accept corporate bookings or birthday parties?
- Yes we do, please see the parties section on our website. Feel free to call for any inquiries.
How early should I arrive before my scheduled time?
- We suggest arriving 15 minutes prior to your booking to review and sign our waiver.
Can I just drop in?
- Yes, but please be aware that you may have to wait if we are particularly busy. We suggest pre booking all sessions online or by calling the store.
Is the equipment clean?
- Of course, the headsets, and controllers are cleaned after every use with antibacterial wipes to prevent the spread of germs and to keep everything clean for everyone to use. Hand sanitizer is used before game play starts. For those that are not comfortable with wearing the headsets, we do have paper disposable headset covers.
Will I walk into walls?
- While playing the arcade you should have a good sense of where you are in the room. If you get too close to the walls the HTC Vive will project a blue hologram within your game allowing you to know you are close to the walls.
I wear glasses, do I have to take them off?
- Not likely- the HTC Vive headset allows enough room to fit an average pair of glasses within the system.
Are there any physical limitations that would prevent me from participating?
- Be sure to consult your doctor before visiting Hakced VR if you have pre-existing serious medical conditions, conditions that affect your ability to safely perform physical activities, psychiatric conditions (such as anxiety disorders or post-traumatic stress disorder), or if you are pregnant or elderly.
- You should avoid visiting Hakced VR if you are sick, fatigued, under the influence of intoxicants/drugs, or are not feeling generally well, as it may exacerbate your condition.
What happens if I experience motion sickness?
- People may experience unexpected side effects during their VR session as with any motion related entertainment. If you feel sick or uneasy at any point during your session, we ask that you stop your session and notify Hakced VR staff immediately. Should you require it, every station has a garbage can!